Mindsoother Therapy Center is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our clients. We do not share or disclose personal information or data about our clients to any other party except as requested by the client in writing, with the exception the following situations:
- Suspected child abuse or dependent adult or elder abuse, for which we are required by law to report this to the appropriate authorities immediately.
- If a client is threatening serious bodily harm to another person/s, we must notify the police and inform the intended victim.
- If a client intends to harm him or herself, we will make every effort to enlist their cooperation in insuring their safety. If they do not cooperate, we will take further measures without their permission that are provided to us by law in order to ensure their safety.
- Among the therapists at Mindsoother Therapy Center for the purposes of clinical supervision
We abide by HIPAA practice standards.
For online users and email subscribers
We collect and use minimal information from you in order to give you the best experience when using our website or digital content. This information includes:
- Name and email address, when you sign up for our newsletter and email updates or contact us via our website
- Billing information, if you purchase products or service through our website
We may use the information that you give us to email you recommending content that you’d enjoy and updating you on what’s new at Mindsoother, or to run social media promotions.
The information you provide us is voluntary, and you can opt-out at any time upon request. You also have the right to unsubscribe from emails, request that your data be deleted, or request a copy of your data. Keep in mind that choosing not to provide certain information may prevent you from getting the most out of our website and services.
Mindsoother LLC is committed to maintaining the confidentiality of our subscribers. We do not share or disclose personal information or data about our subscribers to any other party except as requested by the person in writing.
Communicating Via Text or Over the Internet:
There are limits to protecting your confidentiality via text over the internet. While we do our utmost to preserve your confidentiality, we cannot guarantee privacy. Please consider the information you submit over the internet prior to sending.
There are several ways you can communicate with us without having to send information over the Internet: in person, by phone, by regular mail.
Social Media and Technology Policy:
- Although we allow you to set privacy options that limit access to your information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you share your information. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We cannot ensure that information you share on Facebook will not become publicly available.
Please be mindful of the needs of your privacy and confidentiality when using social media.
Last Updated May 2018